New malware targeting the Mac was discovered this week; it’s a hybrid ransomware-wiper-spyware, but you don’t need to worry if you don’t download pirated software. We also discuss how a journalist’s iPhone was hacked by him visiting a website, look at issues with the TikTok app on iOS, and look at how Google is now auto-deleting new user history after 18 months.
- Journalist’s phone hacked by new ‘invisible’ technique: All he had to do was visit one website. Any website.
- Safari 14 Doesn’t Block Google Analytics
- Google to Auto-Delete User History After 18 Months
- How to Manage Gmail and Google Security and Privacy Settings
- TikTok to stop reading user clipboards after being exposed by iOS 14 privacy feature
- Warning—Apple Suddenly Catches TikTok Secretly Spying On Millions Of iPhone Users
- Twitter thread showing the type of data collected by TikTok
- New Mac ransomware-spyware ThiefQuest in the wild
- Understanding Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- OSX.EvilQuest Uncovered
- ThiefQuest ransomware is a file-stealing Mac wiper in disguise
- New Mac Ransomware Is Even More Sinister Than It Appears
If you like what you hear, be sure to rate and review the Intego Mac Podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Have a question? Ask us!