Apple updated the 27″ iMac this week, and it may be the last new desktop Mac running Intel processors, but should you buy this one or wait for Apple’s own chips? Google accidentally enabled some of its speakers to listen in on sounds in people’s homes, and we update recent stories about Garmin getting hit by ransomware, and the Great Twitter Hack of 2020.
- New 27″ iMac
- Garmin reportedly paid the $10 million ransom to obtain the decryption key
- 3 young men age 17–22 charged with July 15 Twitter hack
- Accused Twitter hacker’s first court appearance Zoombombed by Bitcoin pranksters
- Google accidentally enables Home smart speakers to listen in to everyday house sounds
- A Day Without Business
- iOS 14 adds domain-bound codes to make SMS one-time passcodes more secure
- New ‘unpatchable’ exploit allegedly found on Apple’s Secure Enclave chip, here’s what it could mean
If you like what you hear, be sure to rate and review the Intego Mac Podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Have a question? Ask us!