M2 Chip Boost, New Macs, and the Return of the HomePod – Intego Mac Podcast Episode 275
Posted on by Kirk McElhearn
Apple has introduced the latest versions of its M2 chips, and updated three Mac models. They also surprised everyone with a new, full-sized HomePod. We also look at brand-based phishing, Google’s AirTag clones, and a trifecta of stories about instant messaging apps.
- FBI: Cyber Criminals Impersonating Brands Using Search Engine Ad Services to Defraud Users
- Google plans AirTag clone, will track devices with 3 billion Android phones
- iPhones and iPads Now Require a Passcode on Every Backup/Sync
- iOS Backup Passcode Prompt
- CVE-2022-32929 – Bypass iOS backup’s TCC protection
- U.S. Supreme Court Allows WhatsApp to Sue NSO Group
- Facebook sues NSO Group for WhatsApp spyware attack (2019)
- Researchers allege that Threema is riddled with theoretical vulnerabilities
- Statement on ETH Findings
- Rogue Telegram insider allegedly offers server access to Dark Web customers
- Apple Announces M2 Pro & M2 Max Chips, New MacBook Pros, New Mac mini, and New HomePod
- How to choose the right Mac for your use case in 2023
If you like the Intego Mac Podcast podcast, be sure to rate and review it on Apple Podcasts.
Have a question? Ask us! Contact Intego via email if you have any questions you want to hear discussed on the podcast, or to provide feedback and ideas for upcoming podcast episodes.