Apple has released security updates for all its operating systems. We discuss the new disclosures about Pegasus spyware, and Apple’s response. And we look at what will happen when mobile phone carriers shut down their 3G networks; you may have 3G devices that you don’t think about. And Josh has a new laptop; finally.
(When we recorded the podcast, only some had been released, but shortly after the recording, Apple released the remaining updates.)
- Apple releases iOS 14.7, watchOS 7.6, macOS 11.5, and more
- Latest iOS 14.7 Beta Patches Bug That Disables iPhone’s Ability to Connect to Wi-Fi
- Pegasus Project – The Guardian
- Why Apple’s walled garden is no match for Pegasus spyware
- Twitter thread about OS updates – Reed Albergotti
- 3G Networks Are Shutting Down; What Will Happen to Your Older Devices?
- What is 5G, how does it work, and how fast is it really?
If you like what you hear, be sure to rate and review the Intego Mac Podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Have a question? Ask us! Contact Intego via email if you have any questions you want to hear discussed on the podcast, or to provide feedback and ideas for upcoming podcast episodes.