We discuss how new security features in macOS Big Sur can make it difficult to install certain apps. We talk about Amazon Sidewalk, a feature that will share your bandwidth from Amazon devices. We look at an astounding remote wi-fi exploit that could have let hackers access your iPhone. And Kirk discusses his first week with the new MacBook Air, which has surprised him.
- Black Friday; Securely Dispose of Your Old Mac; The HomePod mini – Intego Mac Podcast Episode 163
- Protecting data at multiple layers (Apple developer document)
- Installing ACE on M chip-based Macs (Audio Hijack)
- Amazon Sidewalk will be enabled by default on Echo devices
- iOS Wi-Fi Exploit Could Have Let Hackers Remotely Access Nearby iPhones
- A Week with the New Apple M1 MacBook Air
If you like what you hear, be sure to rate and review the Intego Mac Podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Have a question? Ask us!