Tom Cruise and the Leap Second – Intego Mac Podcast Episode 251
Tom Cruise is showing up everywhere: landing his helicopter in an English family’s garden; interrupting hikers and leaping off a cliff; and even in deepfake videos. We also look at the leap second, and how taking away one second in time could wreak havoc on computers.
- ‘Tom Cruise is in my Warwickshire garden’
- Tom Cruise apologizes for interrupting couple’s hike before jumping off cliff
- How to spot a deepfake video – featuring Tom Cruise as Iron Man
- Apple’s App Store Comes Under the Spotlight for How It Handles Fake Crypto Apps
- Investigation report about the abuse of the Mac App Store
- Apple blasts Android malware in fierce pushback against iOS sideloading
- Nokia Threat Intelligence Report 2021
- Google pushes back deadline for killing off third-party cookies in Chrome (again) to H2 2024
- Over 3,200 apps leak Twitter API keys, some allowing account hijacks
- Earth is spinning faster than usual and had its shortest day ever
- Leap Seconds List – IETF
- Why One Critical Second Can Wreak Havoc on the Internet
- It’s time to leave the leap second in the past
- The Inside Story of the Extra Second That Crashed the Web
- Year 2038 problem
If you like what you hear, be sure to rate and review the Intego Mac Podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Have a question? Ask us! Contact Intego via email if you have any questions you want to hear discussed on the podcast, or to provide feedback and ideas for upcoming podcast episodes.