The UK is mulling a bill to prohibit default passwords; the admin/admin that is often set by default on internet-connected devices. This would be a good thing, but there are drawbacks. We also discuss how Apple takes the lead in smartphone sales in China, and an upgrade program for Mac laptops.
- Josh speaking at AVAR 2021 Virtual on Thursday, December 2 (7:05 PM Pacific)
- Apple Becomes Largest Smartphone Brand in China, First Time Since Dec 2015
- Apple Introduces New MacBook Upgrade Program for Business Partners
- Apple Fined $11 Million in Italy for Employing ‘Aggressive Methods’ in Commercial Use of Private Data
- Apple alerted Polish prosecutor that her iPhone has likely been compromised by NSO
- Tweet from Polish prosecutor
- New malware is capable of evading almost all antivirus products
- UK *Considers Banning* Default Passwords and We Should Too
If you like what you hear, be sure to rate and review the Intego Mac Podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Have a question? Ask us! Contact Intego via email if you have any questions you want to hear discussed on the podcast, or to provide feedback and ideas for upcoming podcast episodes.