Intego is excited to announce it has released a new version of its popular Mac cleaner with Mac Washing Machine 10.8.4. This update enhances the functionality of the Duplicate cycle and brings to you new features, stability improvements and bug fixes.
Mac Washing Machine version 10.8.4 gives you more options for finding, verifying and selecting duplicate files — offering the same powerful, advanced and effective way to find duplicate files as Duplicate Zapper.
The following new features and bug fixes are available in Mac Washing Machine 10.8.4:
New Duplicate Cycle Features
- Sort options – sort duplicate files by Name, Count, Type, Size, Selected, and Extension.
- Additional Auto Select options – allows you to keep shortest/longest file path, or keep original files.
- Quick Look file preview – provides you with a way to verify whether files are in fact duplicates.
- Show in Finder – enables you to view duplicate files in the Finder window, so you can see exactly where the file is to help make a decision as to which duplicate file to keep or remove.
- More file types scanned – now includes spreadsheets (.XLSB, .XLSM, .XLSX, .NUMBERS, .ODS), presentations (.PPT, .PPTX, .KEY, .KEYNOTE, .ODP), and documents (.TXT, .DOC, .DOCX, .ODT, .PAGES, .RTF).
- Move files to trash – duplicates can now be placed in trash so you can either recover them or ‘permanently’ delete them when you empty the trash.
- French localization improvements
- Japanese localization improvements
- Updated Auto select messaging to improve user experience
- Safeguards added to prevent critical application support files from being scanned (.app, .pkg and .exe files)
We’ve made it even easier for you to improve your Mac’s performance—for a speedier Mac—with powerful new features to clean up unnecessary and duplicate files, and help you organize your desktop, dock and files for quicker access.
Mac Washing Machine seeks out and removes duplicates and other unneeded files, frees up hard disk space to speed up the operating system, organizes the dock and desktop, and lets you create Smart Folders for quick access to frequently used files.
A risk-free, limited trial version available on the site allows you to scan your Mac to see how much space can be reclaimed and how many duplicate files are on your computer. You must buy the full version to clean items off your Mac.