Apple pauses their new CSAM image scanning rollout, WhatsApp gets slapped with a big GDPR fine in Ireland, and Germany is mandating seven years of updates for all mobile phones. We also discuss new Mac malware, and Intego’s 100% virus detection rating.
- Apple Event, September 14
- Michael K. Williams
- OSX/Adload: Mac Malware Apple Missed for Many Months
- Intego Earns 100% Detection in AV-Comparatives 2021 Independent Testing
- Apple delays rollout of CSAM detection system and child safety features
- Facebook confirms ProPublica report based on a misunderstanding (Original title: WhatsApp Messages are Not End-to-End Encrypted)
- Ireland watchdog fines WhatsApp record sum for flouting EU data rules
- ProtonMail logged IP address of French activist after order by Swiss authorities
- Three Free Secure Email Providers That Protect Your Data and Privacy
- Intego Privacy Protection
- Germany wants phone makers to offer 7 years of security updates
- Samsung Takes Galaxy Security to the Next Level by Extending Updates
- Android One
- Samsung security updates: “minimum of four” years
- Google Chrome OS Device Auto Update Policy
If you like what you hear, be sure to rate and review the Intego Mac Podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Have a question? Ask us! Contact Intego via email if you have any questions you want to hear discussed on the podcast, or to provide feedback and ideas for upcoming podcast episodes.