A bug has turned up that allowed Siri to record user interactions without permission; Facebook predicts Apple’s strict privacy and tracking features will hurt its bottom line; and third parties are selling AirTags that have been hacked to make them less detectable and easier to use for stalking. And, break ups happen: we’ve got some advice for how to un-share devices, services and personal data with your ex, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
- The evolution of a Mac trojan: UpdateAgent’s progression
- iOS 15.4 Beta 2 Fixes Bug That Caused Some iPhones to Record Siri Interactions Even When Users Opted Out
- Apple’s Privacy Measures to Cost Facebook $10 Billion in 2022
- AirTags with deactivated speakers being sold on eBay and Etsy; seller claims not for stalking
- Domestic abuser busted in the act of putting an AirTag on a car
- Reddit and Twitter users face age checks under UK porn law plans
- Bad Breakup? How To Stop Sharing Data with Your Ex on iPhone and iPad
If you like what you hear, be sure to rate and review the Intego Mac Podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Have a question? Ask us! Contact Intego via email if you have any questions you want to hear discussed on the podcast, or to provide feedback and ideas for upcoming podcast episodes.