Intego Mac Internet Security 2013 Includes:
- VirusBarrier 2013
- NetBarrier 2013
Need Identity Protection?Check out these products:
Want content protection?Check out these products:
Need Personal Backup?Check out these products:
Automatic scans and updates keep you covered 24/7
Virus Barrier 2013 scans files whenever they’re accessed and automatically checks for the latest updates to make sure you’re protected against the newest threats. You can concentrate on creating while your Mac antivirus software does the protecting.
Protection against both Mac and PC malware
You don’t want to pass along infected files to your PC-wielding buddies do you? Intego Virus Barrier 2013 not only protects you from existing Mac threats, it detects all known PC-based malware so you don’t spread infected files to friends, family, or work colleagues.
We know Macs. Our competitors don’t.
We build our Mac antivirus software from the ground up for Mac OS X – and we’ve been doing it that way since we started in 1997. Why trust your digital world to a company that crams Mac protection and extra junk onto an existing PC platform?
Our new interface keeps it simple
Intego Virus Barrier 2013 has been completely redesigned to ensure that Mac owners of all abilities can set it up and configure it to provide immediate protection. This means less time tinkering with settings and more time on your favorite websites and apps.
Use a PC? We’ll protect that too.
Lots of households have both Windows-based PCs and Macs. To ensure that both have complete protection, we’ve partnered with Panda to provide a top-notch Windows product as well. No matter what computer you’re on, we’ve got you covered.
Don’t let your iPhone or iPad cause trouble
Your iOS devices are an open doorway to transmitting infected files and malware onto your Mac and Windows systems. Intego Virus Barrier 2013 scans iOS devices whenever they’re plugged into your computer to make sure that no infected files that you received via email will pass onto your Mac or Windows machines.
Automatic protection as you hop networks
Heading into work? Intego Net Barrier 2013 will automatically switch from your “home” to “work” setting for an increased level of protection. Using your Mac in public? Net Barrier will prevent strangers from accessing your Mac’s contents that would otherwise be exposed. With Net Barrier, you can switch from network to network with peace of mind.
Identify and block untrusted devices
Want to share files with your friend at your favorite coffee shop without worrying about the stranger lurking in the corner? Intego Net Barrier 2013 identifies various devices that are trying to access your Mac and lets you decide what’s allowed in and what gets turned away.
Settings as easy as 1-2-3
Network settings shouldn’t be confusing and complicated. We’ve simplified the options to home, public, or work. When we see that your network connection has changed, we let you know and make it easy for you to adjust to the best level of protection.
Configuring connections just got easier
Intego Net Barrier 2013 makes changes to your firewall simple and, better yet, understandable. Do you want to temporarily allow connections from the Internet or allow remote desktop? Changing settings is intuitive and you’ll feel like a networking pro in no time!
Watching your network connections
Intego Net Barrier 2013 actively monitors applications using your network. Whenever a connection is opened, we’ll ask if you want to allow it. If you recognize the application, we’ll let it run. If not, we’ll block it. If something is using too much bandwidth for your liking, you’ll be able to identify it and shut it down.
Block connections to specific domains
Uneasy about having applications share your habits with a third party? Intego Net Barrier 2013 lets you block applications from communicating with specific Internet domains so you can keep the functionality you want while stopping it from sharing your personal habits.
VirusBarrier 2013 Details
- Keeps your computer free of malware such as Mac viruses, Windows viruses, Unix viruses, Microsoft Word and Excel macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, adware, hacking tools, dialers, keyloggers, and scareware (fake security programs)
- Detects Windows malware to prevent your Mac from acting as a carrier
- On-demand malware scans, including full scans for maximum coverage of your entire Mac as well as quick scans for day-to-day use
- Scheduled scans
- 24/7 real-time protection that watches all file activity and makes sure you’re always protected
- Finds malware contained in archive files
- Scans for viruses in emails for popular email clients
- Scans for viruses on iOS devices and finds/eradicates viruses found in document directories on the devices
- Automatically scans external drives when they are mounted
- Flexible options for handling malware (automatically attempt to repair, quarantine malware for later action, or ask what to do on a case-by-case basis)
- Marks trusted folders to speed up scans
- Application behavior analysis detects suspicious behavior in running applications
- Email notifications when malware is found
- Mac antivirus history logs
Net Barrier 2013 Details
- Active application list easily identifies applications using bandwidth as well as incoming vs. outgoing bandwidth for each application
- Logical default profiles for the different kinds of networks you connect to (home, public, and work)
- Automatic profile switching detects when the network connection changes and makes it easy to select a new profile
- Easily blocks/allows connections for specific local devices
- Easily configures primary network channels to/from the Internet and to/from the local network
- Full-time application activity monitoring for anti-spyware measures
- Helps identify rogue applications accessing the Internet to act as zombies, expose your confidential information, or act as backdoors into your computer
- Automatic application activity notification whenever an application is trying to do something on the network (take simple actions to allow or deny the application to run or to interact with specific domains or local devices)
Compatible with Mavericks.
Operating System Supported
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Mac® computer with Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for NetUpdate security updates
- English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
Dual Protection System Requirements
Operating System Supported
- Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit 64-bit
- Windows XP 32-bit
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Processor: Pentium 300 MHz or faster
- RAM: 128 MB without TruPrevent
- 512 MB with TruPrevent (1 GB recommended)
- Hard Disk: 275 MB free space
- MS Internet Explorer 6.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher
- Google Chrome