Intego today released VirusBarrier Plus, a new Mac antivirus and anti-malware program. Sold exclusively through the Mac App Store, VirusBarrier Plus offers protection from both Mac and Windows malware, as well as other types of malware, malicious scripts, and more. And VirusBarrier Plus is available at a special launch price of only $7.99 for a two-week introductory period.
VirusBarrier Plus also offers frequent, free malware definition updates: new malware definitions are provided at least twice a week, and users can check for updates to malware definitions simply by clicking a button.
Mac users wanting a total security package that also includes Intego’s powerful two-way firewall, Antivandal and full protection from network attacks should consider VirusBarrier X6, which is the comprehensive solution that keeps Macs safe from the dangers of the Internet (www.intego.com/virusbarrier).
VirusBarrier Plus lets users run manual or scheduled scans of any file, folder or volume on their Mac for which they have rights. It offers the following features:
- Scans and repairs Mac OS X malware
- Scans and repairs Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents
- Scans and eradicates infected Windows executables
- Finds and eradicates PDF and Flash malware
- Finds and eradicates keyloggers and hacker tools
- Finds and eradications Linux malware
- Scans zip archives
- Users can run Quick Scans or Full Scans
- Scans can be scheduled
- Users can specify trusted files and folders
- A command-line scanner lets users scan more files
- A contextual menu lets users scan individual files or folders on demand
- No impact on performance
- Easy to use
VirusBarrier Plus is available now in English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. The introductory US price is $7.99, with comparable prices in other currencies. After a two-week introductory period, this price will increase to $9.99. VirusBarrier Plus is only available from the Mac App Store: http://www.intego.com/vbp.