Intego Family Protector Secure X8 Includes:
Automatic scans and updates keep you covered 24/7
Virus Barrier X8 scans files whenever they’re accessed and automatically checks for the latest updates to make sure you’re protected against the newest threats. You can concentrate on creating while your Mac antivirus software does the protecting.
Protection against both Mac and PC malware
You don’t want to pass along infected files to your PC-wielding buddies do you? Intego VirusBarrier X8 not only protects you from existing Mac threats, it detects all known PC-based malware so you don’t spread infected files to friends, family, or work colleagues.
We know Macs. Our competitors don’t.
We build our Mac antivirus software from the ground up for Mac OS X – and we’ve been doing it that way since we started in 1997. Why trust your digital world to a company that crams Mac protection and extra junk onto an existing PC platform?
Our new interface keeps it simple
Intego Virus Barrier X8 has been completely redesigned to ensure that Mac owners of all abilities can set it up and configure it to provide immediate protection. This means less time tinkering with settings and more time on your favorite websites and apps.
Use a PC? We’ll protect that too.
Lots of households have both Windows-based PCs and Macs. To ensure that both have complete protection, we’ve partnered with Panda to provide a top-notch Windows product as well. No matter what computer you’re on, we’ve got you covered.
Don’t let your iPhone or iPad cause trouble
Your iOS devices are an open doorway to transmitting infected files and malware onto your Mac and Windows systems. Intego Virus Barrier X8 scans iOS devices whenever they’re plugged into your computer to make sure that no infected files that you received via email will pass onto your Mac or Windows machines.
Lock the door on objectionable sites
Don’t want your kids taking a gander at gambling sites or exposed to pornography? We don’t blame you. Intego Family Protector can block out entire categories of Internet sites so your children aren’t exposed to objectionable content. You can also set up a specific list of approved websites so your kids can access them without accidentally running into a filter.
Safe surfing for each child
No two kids are alike. Each of your children has a different maturity level and deserves a different type of Internet access. Instead of having your older son scowl at you for treating him like a “baby” for setting the same restrictions as his little sister, you can assign each of them a unique profile. That way, your teenager can get online to do homework and play games while your youngest can print a coloring sheet or watch her favorite cartoon.
Set limits on Internet time
Need to open up computer time so your kids can do their homework or shut off access because it’s time for dinner? Want to restrict the time of day your children can access the Internet so they don’t try to sneak on late at night? Settings can be easily reconfigured so you can adjust accordingly.
Control settings from afar
Out to dinner while your teen needs to access the web for a school assignment? No problem. You can enable sites via a web browser, so he can get his homework done and you can enjoy your night out.
Keep an eye on sites they visit
Want to know exactly where your children are going? You can configure Intego Family Protector to record keystrokes or take screenshots of active applications. It’s just another way to make sure your kids haven’t stumbled across content they shouldn’t be looking at.
Monitor chats and block strangers
Intego Family Protector can monitor Internet chat sessions to make sure your child isn’t having an inappropriate conversation with a stranger. Once any objectionable terminology has been used, the chat session can be shut down and you’ll be notified so you can educate your children about being safe and smart online.
Automatic protection as you hop networks
Whether you’re at work, meeting clients, or traveling to trade shows and conferences, Intego Net Barrier X8 will switch to the appropriate setting for the perfect level of protection.
Identify and block untrusted devices
Want to share files with your colleague without opening up your computer to everyone else? Intego Net Barrier X8 identifies various devices that are trying to access your Mac and lets you decide what’s allowed in and what gets turned away.
Settings as easy as 1-2-3
Network settings shouldn’t be confusing and complicated. We’ve simplified the options to home, public, or work. When we see that your network connection has changed, we let you know and make it easy for you to adjust to the best level of protection.
Configuring connections just got easier
Intego Net Barrier X8 makes changes to your firewall simple and, better yet, understandable. Want to temporarily allow connections from the Internet or allow remote desktop? No problem. The settings are intuitive for you and your employees.
Watching your network connections
Intego Net Barrier X8 actively monitors applications using your network. Whenever a connection is opened, we’ll ask if you want to allow it. If you recognize the application, we’ll let it run. If not, we’ll block it. If something is using too much bandwidth for your liking, you’ll be able to identify it and shut it down.
Block connections to specific domains
Don’t want third parties collecting information about you and your business while you use an application? Intego Net Barrier X8 lets you block applications from communicating with specific Internet domains while keeping the functionality you want.
VirusBarrier X8 Details
- Keeps your computer free of malware such as Mac viruses, Windows viruses, Unix viruses, Microsoft Word and Excel macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, adware, hacking tools, dialers, keyloggers, and scareware (fake security programs)
- Detects Windows malware to prevent your Mac from acting as a carrier
- On-demand malware scans, including full scans for maximum coverage of your entire Mac as well as quick scans for day-to-day use
- Scheduled scans
- 24/7 real-time protection that watches all file activity and makes sure you’re always protected
- Finds malware contained in archive files
- Scans for viruses in emails for popular email clients
- Scans for viruses on iOS devices and finds/eradicates viruses found in document directories on the devices
- Automatically scans external drives when they are mounted
- Flexible options for handling malware (automatically attempt to repair, quarantine malware for later action, or ask what to do on a case-by-case basis)
- Marks trusted folders to speed up scans
- Application behavior analysis detects suspicious behavior in running applications
- Email notifications when malware is found
- Mac antivirus history logs
Family Protector Details
- Blocks objectionable web content, including categories of content, specific web sites, sites with specific keywords, and access to sites requiring https
- Whitelist functionality allows users to access only sites you permit
- Access restrictions custom tailored per user (e.g., one account for yourself and a more restricted account for your child)
- Browser-embedded UI allows for overriding parental controls and allowing sites so long as the user has the necessary security credentials
- History of websites visited for each user account and the ability to easily block/allow a site from the history list
- Time of day restrictions on network access (restrict access to specific times of day/week, a maximum amount of time per day, or temporarily block a user for a set period of time or until you unblock them manually)
- AntiPredator chat monitoring for all standard chat protocols to watch for objectionable chat content and block inappropriate chats (receive email alerts whenever objectionable content is detected)
- View history of recorded chats, including the content of the chat and the ID of the chat partner
- Takes screenshots and includes a Time Machine-like control that lets you easily view recorded screens
- Records keystrokes
- Restricts application network access only to applications you allow
- Blocks inappropriate emails
- Blocks connections to game servers or streaming music and video
- Blocks peer-to-peer activity (e.g., BitTorrent)
- Contains a “monitor only” mode that records a user’s activity but does not provide any protections/perform any blocking
- Periodically updates filters to provide ongoing protection against objectionable content
- Web Administration Console allows anytime/anywhere access to Family Protector (view web activitiy and block/allow access to specific sites, allow exceptions to permitted network access times, and view blocked network applications and allow exceptions)
- Email activity reports (e.g., websites that were blocked, blocked chats via AntiPredator or keyword triggering, attempts to access encrypted sites)
NetBarrier X8 Details
- Active application list easily identifies applications using bandwidth as well as incoming vs. outgoing bandwidth for each application
- Logical default profiles for the different kinds of networks you connect to (home, public, and work)
- Automatic profile switching detects when the network connection changes and makes it easy to select a new profile
- Easily blocks/allows connections for specific local devices
- Easily configures primary network channels to/from the Internet and to/from the local network
- Full-time application activity monitoring for anti-spyware measures
- Helps identify rogue applications accessing the Internet to act as zombies, expose your confidential information, or act as backdoors into your computer
- Automatic application activity notification whenever an application is trying to do something on the network (take simple actions to allow or deny the application to run or to interact with specific domains or local devices)
Compatible with Yosemite.
Operating System Supported
- Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 or 10.10
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Mac® computer with Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for NetUpdate security updates
- English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
Dual Protection System Requirements
Operating System Supported
- Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit 64-bit
- Windows XP 32-bit
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Processor: Pentium 300 MHz or faster
- RAM: 128 MB without TruPrevent
- 512 MB with TruPrevent (1 GB recommended)
- Hard Disk: 275 MB free space
- MS Internet Explorer 6.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher
- Google Chrome
Mac Internet Security X8
Mac Premium Bundle X8
Family Protector Secure X8
Mac Washing Machine
Mac Washing Machine Secure X8
|Protects against malware, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, and rootkits||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Protects against both Mac and PC malware||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Dual protection version for customers who use Windows and Macs||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Scans iOS devices for malware||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Scans external devices for malware||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Protects against network attacks and unknown devices via a sophisticated firewall||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Protects against suspicious applications||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Mac Performance & Utility|
|Increases performance by reclaiming disk space||yes||yes||yes|
|Monitors application bandwidth||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Backs up your essential files and data||yes|
|Synchronizes files between two Macs for updating||yes|
|Creates a bootable backup on an external hard drive||yes|
|Clears caches to save space on your Mac||yes||yes||yes|
|Eliminates unnecessary system files||yes||yes||yes|
|Find and removes duplicate files||yes||yes||yes|
|Organizes desktop files||yes||yes||yes|
|Organizes dock for frequently used applications||yes||yes||yes|
|Creates smart folders for quick access to your most important files||yes||yes||yes|
|Privacy & Identity Protection|
|Blocks rogue applications from accessing the network||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Blocks applications from accessing specific domains||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Blocks or filters objectionable web content||yes||yes||yes|
|Time of day restrictions on network access||yes||yes||yes|
|Provides chat and web history||yes||yes||yes|
|Records screenshots and keystrokes||yes||yes||yes|
|Blocks inappropriate emails||yes||yes||yes|
|Blocks peer-to-peer activity||yes||yes||yes|
|Offers remote Web Admin Console access||yes||yes||yes|
|Custom user configuration allows you to tailor different accounts for each user||yes||yes||yes|
|Convenience & Support|
|Built specifically for the Mac by Mac experts||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Clean, easy-to-use interface||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Free technical support||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Automatic updates for the latest protection and security||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|